Nairobi Distribution Lot-3(A)
The Nairobi City Water Distribution Network Modifications Project has been implemented by AWWDA in co-operation with the Nairobi City Water and Sewerage Company (NCWSC) and financed jointly by the Government of Kenya (GoK) and KfW Development Bank of Germany (KfW) with a co-financing Grant from the European Union (EU).
The objective of the investments is to improve water supply in areas of Nairobi, which are currently undersupplied. Euro 30 million have been allocated to the Project. This amount is composed of a Euro 25 million commercial loan by KfW and Euro 5 million grant by the European Union under the ACP-EU WATER Facility Pooling Mechanism.
The Project aims at improving the water services in Nairobi and surrounding areas, including efforts to promote sustainable social economic development and to contribute to overall poverty reduction. The Project is being implemented in the following Three (3) Work Lots:
1. Lot 1: Design and Construction of Transmission Pipeline from Gigiri (or Kiringiti) to Jomo Kenyatta International Airport (JKIA).
2. Lot 2: Review of Design and Construction of Kabete - Uthiru - Karen Water Transmission Pipeline (Karen transmission line)
3. Lot 3: Design and Construction of Extension of Water Distribution Network Infrastructure to Peri-Urban low income areas of Eastern and Western Nairobi.
The Scope of Works for Lot 3(A) Project comprises of the following components:
Eastern Areas Gitari Marigo (Water Supply & Sewerage) • 6.5km of OD 32 to OD 125 HDPE Water Pipelines
• 2.5km of OD 315 uPVC Trunk Sewers
• Construction of 2No. Ablution Blocks
Korogocho Sewerage • 6.5km of OD 200 and OD 250 uPVC Sewers
• 315 No. Consumer Sewer Connections
Western Areas Ngando (Water Supply & Sewerage) • 8.9km of OD 32 to OD 355 HDPE Water Pipelines
• 6.5km of OD 200 and OD 250 uPVC Sewers
• 268 No. Consumer Sewer Connections
Kawangware (Water Supply & Sewerage) • 7.5km of OD 32 to OD 250 HDPE Water Pipelines
• 5km of OD 200 and OD 250uPVC Sewers
• 220 No. Consumer Sewer Connections
Kangemi (Sewerage) • 4.5 km of OD 200 uPVC Sewers
• 125 No. Consumer Sewer Connections
Athi Water Works Development Agency (AWWDA)
Period of Assignment:
2017 - Ongoing
GoK & KfW
Design and Construction Supervision of the Works