Construction of Mwache Multi-Purpose Dam
Ministry of Water & Sanitation and Irrigation
Period of Assignment:
2016 - Ongoing
WB-IDA and GoK
Design Review, Detailed Design and Construction Supervision of the Works
Mwache Dam site is located on the Mwache River at the Fulugani village, Kwale County, about 22 km west of Mombasa County in the coastal region of Kenya. The Coast Water Supply Master Plan has identified the dam as a preferential, viable, sustainable and essential long-term option for water supply to Mombasa and Kwale Counties.
Mwache Dam will supply 186,600m3/day of potable water to Mombasa County and Kwale County together with irrigation water to an acreage of 2,000ha adjacent to the dam.
The Objective of this Task is to review designs done by others of the potable water supply system from Mwache Dam including alternative locations of the Intake Works, Water Treatment Plant and Terminal Storage Tanks for supply to the service areas.
The Scope of Works is as follows:
• Review Previous Design and other Relevant Reports
• Undertake Additional Geotechnical Investigationsan other required Supplementary Studies and Analyses
• Undertake Detailed Design for Mwache Dam and Related Infrastructure
• Prepare Bidding Documents and provide Technical Assistance for the Tendering Process associated with the Works contracted from the stage of drafting prequalification documents, bid evaluation, through to Contracts Award
• Fulfil the role of Engineer’s Representative with delegated authority as appointed by the Client which includes intensive Construction Supervision and Constract Administration of Civil Work Contractor / Equipment Suppliers, as well as Quality Assurance of the Works including Compliance Checking with the Environmental and Social Management Plan during the Construction Period of the Assignment.